Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Ben: It Came From The Black Lagoon (WIP)



Slowly, but surely, I've been toiling away at a piece for a Halloween art show and thought I'd show what I have so far.  Mainly, because I needed something for my Tuesday post (yes, I know its Wednesday), but also because I think its important to see how much an artist iterates on their concept before completion.  The above drawing is the (mostly) finished creature design.  Below you can see the journey it has taken.  

You can follow my further art exploits at my personal blog www.NeedYourDisease.com or on TWITTER

Original character and pose concept. Didn't like his left arm.  Looking to do a Pulp Comic type cover.

Found reference photos and reworked the pose.  This design was looking a little too
much like Abe Sapien from Hellboy.  So I added further details to push it further (see top picture)

Face concept that I ended up abandoning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment