Thursday, October 31, 2013

"They All Float Down Here."


Stephen King's "It" was on TV last night.  I had originally seen the first half of the movie when I was about 12 years old at family friends house.  Leaving at the half way point, I was stuck not knowing how the story ended.  At that point in the movie, most of the characters were roughly the same age as me which really helped with my fascination with it.  Sadly, this was way before you could just go out and rent the DVD.  So I went to the local book store and bought a paperback copy of the book.  Holy crap was that a lot of words.  Not to mention way scarier.  

I'm not the fastest reader and didn't get even as far as I had seen in the movie.  A couple years later I would strike up conversation with a friend who had the whole thing recorded on VHS.  I cannot express the extreme amount of closure that I received from watching it.

I had a few extra minutes at lunch and thought I would sketch out the above picture.  I tried not to mimic Tim Curry's version of the character, but still keep some of the touchstones.  Happy Halloween everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment