Friday, April 3, 2015

Ben Draws Ninja "Toitals"


I haven't drawn with pencil and ink in a long time.  I haven't completely abandoned the physical realm, but I've come to enjoy my tablet and computer more and more.  Also, I've been animating and coding more than drawing.  Well, that is going to change this month.  Tons of projects and little time.  As a nice little warm up, I broke out my handy little pencil pouch and drew a Ninja Turtle.  Why?  Because my cousin's little boy is becoming quite the artist and I bought him a copy of "How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way".  It was the first art book I ever bought myself and was hugely influential.  I wanted to make it a little more special, so I threw this drawing on the inside cover.  Fun Fact: that inside cover worked surprisingly well with the Copic Markers.  Who knew?

There should be plenty more to come in the next few weeks as we get closer to Free Comic Book Day.

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment