Sunday, March 25, 2012

Week 11: Mash up

I am supposed to be at a certain vaudeville game show right now so I'll make this quick...

Madame Klimt?

What if Singer Sargent and Klimt collaborated? I love these artists and it was fun doing homage to both of them in the same little (5x5) painting. Also great to paint again, I didn't realize how much I missed it.

This painting uses the following mediums (in order): charcoal, watercolor, gauche, colored pencil, handmade paper, acrylic, and the kitchen sink... er, water from the kitchen sink. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Your mastery in painting is truly remarkable and inspirational for the group. And something for me to strive for. Klimt is perhaps, one of my favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous! Absolutely agree with Jim, quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The patterns are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete