Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wk 10: Sark


When I think of Moebius I always think of this character design, this or the Cop costume design from Fifth Element. Something about the bull neck and heavy forearms my eye has always picked up on in his work. Yeah I know, of the multitude of awesomeness that could be gleaned from his work why this? Tron was my introduction to Moebius and if this week has taught me anything about his work is I have a painfully small collection of his stuff around my house.

The final piece is a ink drawing on velum colored in Photoshop. You can find my preliminary sketch here if you are so inclined.




5 comments:

  1. That rules so hard man. Let's do a tron jam piece at art club some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love me some Tron! Very nice piece Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, yes we should do a Tron jam piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife has never forgiven me for taking her to see the original TRON as a date
    movie. Craig....I seriously dig the cop uniforms in Fifth Element. Geoff Darrow did something similar in Hard Boiled. Great looking piece. Really diggin' your color choices here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does anyone know the full story on fifth element? He's credited as doing designs, but he also sued (and lost) the director.

    ReplyDelete