Monday, March 19, 2012

Tim W10: Lt. Blueberry



It was difficult to decide what I wanted to draw for this week, Moebius has such huge catalogue of awesome comics, but I went with "Blueberry". One, because it's an excellent comic, and two, because Blueberry is one of the few Moebius comics that I have a copy of (unfortunately they are hard to come by here*).

Anyway, this drawing is ink on paper, and is 18"x 24", colored in photoshop. If you want to see the original un-colored drawing you check it out at my personal blog here: timswitalski.blogspot.com


*weird fun fact*, earlier this week my friend gave me a trunk filled a bunch of old comics from the 70's and 80's, and I was ecstatic to find a copy of one of the "Silver Surfer" comic Moebius did for Marvel, as expected it's beyond awesome! I was also delighted to find out that Marvel is re-releasing this story in a hardcover later this spring so, I can read the whole thing.

4 comments:

  1. Nailed it! Nailed the color palette too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job as always. The sense of depth is really well done and I'm really liking the plants and cacti.

    ReplyDelete