Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wk 11: Looking up to Van Gogh

I have the painting "Starry Night" on the wall, above my TV.  My girlfriend brought it when she moved in and I find myself having a deeper appreciation than I had before.  Also, its nice to be able to glance up at something classic between video game sessions and zombie movies.  For this piece, I wanted to pay homage to the original while changing the composition and doing it digitally.  Just focusing on the tree and a select number of stars helped me to keep within the time constraints I had this week.  Also, I hadn't done any real digital painting in about a month and I just wanted to play around with it again.

Personal Blog: Still-Reaching
Twitter: NeedYourDisease

2 comments:

  1. I seriously dig the colors in this, Ben. And the art could pass for a Tim Burton film. Great job, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to second Jim's comments about the Tim Burton-ness of this piece, and that's always a good thing as far as i'm concerned.

    ReplyDelete