Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Ben's Week In Review


Tuesday has come back around and I am without any real finished product to show.  I spent most of my time working on smaller projects and some video work.  But because of my crushing fear of being the first Monster to miss his day of the week, I've decided to make my post about a bunch of little things from the past week.

First off, last Friday I participated in the live drawing event for the Crunch: Sugary Art gallery opening.  Above, you will see a very deranged Sunny the Cuckoo Bird which I painted as a part of the mural.  I actually didn't know what his name was when I was drawing him.  A little research and I have now educated us both.  Your welcome.


I also continued my long standing dream of getting a working prototype of my game up and running.  With the help of the Scirra forums, I was able to get my helpless Non-Player Characters (NPC's) to fall (potentially) to their deaths.  Pretty thrilling.  Next up, figuring out how to get them to lay down when they're hurt.

"Help!"
The last couple of days were spent working on a video project in After Effects.  While the whole thing was pretty standard editing slide shows, it did remind me of a time when I used to spend quite a lot of time in the program.


After Effects-Picture Wall 11-6-09 from Ben Hale on Vimeo.

And finally, my fellow Monsters and I have decided that this month's challenge will be a tribute to giant robots and monsters.  At the moment, I'm leaning towards Gamera v. Voltron (Card Subject to Change)

Early sketch for potential Gamera vs Voltron piece.
Remember that you can see more updates and personal tomfoolery at my personal blog: NeedYourDisease


No comments:

Post a Comment