Saturday, July 6, 2013

Crunchy Bikini Killer


Hey pals, Randy here, this is my print for our pal Angela Oster's art show; Crunchy:Sugary Cartoon Art For Big Kids.   

Since I've been focusing on RBMC events and freelance work, I've been doing less for art shows.  While the initial drawing started out as a sketchbook piece ignited by a Dr. Sketchy:Akron session, all the embellishments are representations of what I've been doing in lieu of gallery work.  You'd have to ask a therapist why the bloods in there, I'm not going to try. 

I also wanted this to be a response to a piece from a couple of years back that ignited the current arc of  work. 


This is an Adobe Illustrator print from a show I curated called: Easy, Breezy, Beautiful; a little over two years ago. There was a fair amount of overlap of artists in both shows, and I wanted to publicly show the progress I've made by working in Illustrator almost every day for the past year.  While it's easy to put older work down, I think it's important to revisit them so you can see how far you've come. It's why I keep every sketchbook and why this print still hangs in my apartment. 

We're still in the process of putting up a full RBMC store at the main site, and I'll be offering prints of both images soon. In the meantime I put the Bikini Killer image on a shirt over at Red Bubble , and we'll have die cut stickers of the image at our Live Events. 

We'll be posting images from our live mural from the show throughout the week, so keep an eye out for that. 

Stay cool, kids. 








No comments:

Post a Comment