Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Ben: Sketch Roundup


Oh how time flies...well, not really.  Life has been extremely busy.  So I haven't been able to complete anything, but I have tons of sketches and false starts to show.  First up, I recently purchased Manga Studio 5 and am kind of in love with it.  The above Ninja Turtle is my attempt at learning the program.  I still have a ways to go, but I like the path I'm on.

Next few pictures are some gesture sketches I did of my superhero character.  Fast and loose and usually on my lunch break.  


And finally, I was finally able to figure out some standard "tiles" to use for buildings in my game project.  Tiles are images that can be looped seamlessly to create different assets.  The next drawing is drawn on a grid of 3 x 3. Every piece of the grid, except for the corners, can be repeated infinitely to create the buildings...  


Here is an example-


And finally: remember that guy in the green shirt that was walking around?  Well now I can drop him high enough to break his legs.  Fun right.  Below is a picture of the civilian in his "injured" state.


That's all for now.  If you'd like to see more of my ramblings and progress on the game, go to my personal blog:  www.NeedYourDisease.com

-Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment