Thursday, August 1, 2013

Schoolboy crushes...


Greetings and salutations. No....this is not Tim Switalski. Reverend Jim here....Tim had a last minute emergency...something about tracking down a cosmic cube...battling his evil stepbrother and defending the bridge to Valhalla. Sheesh some guys will do anything to keep from posting. 
So I volunteered to post for today and tomorrow. Lucky you.
So I've been thinking lately of all the women in comics or cinema, that I've had boyhood crushes on. (Must be an elderly thing)..So for the next few weeks I'll be using that to polish up on drawing the female figure.
I'd like to start with the lovely Pam Grier. I grew up in the late 60's and 70's. A great time in cinema. Grindhouse flicks were in full swing. It was a different time with different mind sets. There were not a lot of committees and parents groups enforcing age restrictions in most movie houses. So it was pretty easy for a teen to get in to an "R" rated flick. Sure...there were a lot...A LOT... Of badly made movies. But there were also a ton of great ones. Pam...was one of my first actress crushes... She was beautiful but could kick some serious ass. Films like Coffy, my first, welded her curvaceous form and bitchin attitude into my pre-pubescent noggin for eternity. This was a quick pen and ink sketch on 5x8 sketch paper. Enjoy...and see yuse tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment