Thursday, May 22, 2014

Happy Ben Day!

Ce n'est pas Erin Schechtman

Nope!  It's our very own, ever lovin' Ben Hale who is one year older today!!  I don't even know how long I've known this fancy Gent but since maybe day two of my time with Mr. Ben Hale he has been an instant old friend.  You Sir are a dynamo of awesomesauce with a dash of Cetera, may you have many more birthdays for us to become even older friends than we are now.  Happy Birthday!

A little about the style.  After I did Randy's portrait, in a style I am comfortable in I got the idea that I should do these portraits in a style fitting the person I was drawing. Next year's Randy will get some hatching, Jim's is in a variety of inks and Erin's and Tim's are a secret that you will see soon enough!  SO this Ben portrait I did kinda in a Bruce Timm, Batman the Animated Series (or I should say Superman the Animated Series) style.  One of the first things we geeked out about is our love of this style so it seemed only fitting to give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment