Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day....


Greetings and salutations,

Tis me...Reverand Jim, doing my best to keep posting when I can. This sketch was something started at Drink'N Draw on Wednesday in my sketch book...and it felt like something that needed finished. I'd like to do a final piece for this...work out the the details of the hands and weapons in the foreground....the breast feeding infant...
Anyways at Drink 'N Draw we had asked, for those that wanted to participate, to do your best strong female character. Instead of the obvious..( Wonder Woman, Power Girl...Supergirl...etc.,.) I had this vision in my head of a mother trying to breast feed her child.....and then rouge Ronin...lowlife thugs happening upon her, thinking they would have their way with her. A bad mistake...Sword drawn and still performing her motherly duty, she waits ready to cleave the first man dumb enough to come within distance of her katana. I'm a huge fan of Koike & Kojimas Lone Wolf and Cub. And this kind of just fell into place...and on my sketchbook...see you soon. Stay frosty.
J~

No comments:

Post a Comment