Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Erin Round 28: TOR


Since my art background is not as comic book influenced as the rest of the RMBC, I am sad to say that the first I heard of Joe Kubert was only a few weeks ago when he passed.

Boys? A little help here? I would like to know about these greats before they are all gone. Moebius was another one that I wish I learned about years ago. Someone please give me the comic book education I missed out on.

Anyway, I know that comic illustrators are the best draftsmen out there and Kubert was no exception. I loved studying his work online, but my favorite is his lanky prehistoric Tarzan-like character: Tor. Here he is reading a comic with a dinosaur in ink on bristol board.


**update**

OH, by the way.... 200th POST, B*****s! Here's to 2000 more!

1 comment:

  1. I love the line work and ink washing, Erin. And the expression on Tors face. Perfect. I drooled over Kuberts covers on Tarzan and Tor. As a kid, I can remember seeing them lined up on the shelves at the drugstore next to Kirby, Colan, Buscema and Romita. Great time to be growing up.

    ReplyDelete