Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Erin the Art Monster


Art Monstress!


Hello and welcome to our shared corner of the internet. I'm Erin Schechtman - professional illustrator and product designer by day; fine artist and art teacher by night. I was born in Cleveland, raised in PA, educated in New York and found myself back in Cleveland when I got a job designing for a major crafting supply company.  My monster is some sort of art-Medusa alter ego I guess. And she is BAD-ASS.

A little about me.... When I am at work, I make products like this:



From this website
 and this:


From some sort of Halloween Costume Site



 and this:

From Joann.com. This was a HUGE program - I got to design lots and lots of stuff in different styles :)

...many, many, many more - from wood shapes to scrapbooking items (like an entire line of stickers), to kid's crafts and party decorations.  I get to be creative everyday and I LOVE my job.


However,  when I am at home, I make work like this:




And this:

And this:




What can I say? I get bored easily. ...Actually, what is more accurate is that I can't get enough of this stuff. I enjoy everything that I do - from the Adobe Illustrator rendered products at work to the messy stuff at home. I want to learn everything and soak it up like a sponge. Life is too short to sit still when there are things to create and paintings to paint. I want to be an art monster, just like my illustration up above.

So... that's me. Somewhat a jack-of-all-art-trades. I do well enough to get by in a lot of different mediums without mastering any of them. Maybe someday I'll learn enough, but we'll see. I'm pretty happy on the journey.

Here is where you can find me on the web:

Teaching Blog: http://erininartland.blogspot.com/
Upcoming Show Blog: http://potteryandpaint.blogspot.com/
Absolutely Ancient College Website: http://erinillustrates.com/portfolio%20pages/snowsuita.html

Later Gators!

2 comments: