Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 3: Galact-adorable

I am a career cute-artist. I spend my days drawing princesses and pirates - the more googly-eyed and sparkly, the better. It can be difficult to stop drawing adorably when you do it everyday and, this time around, my brain was reluctant to switch into evil-villain mode. And so, I present to you... the most squeezable planet-devouring monster ever.






Last week, Ben said that he was trying to get away from drawing flat figures. I have the same problem and this Galactus is my attempt to play it a little less safe. I think its is relatively successful, though I am too tired to make sure all the lighting is correct.

Oh and yeah, this is TOTALLY a subconscious Katamari homage.  "Na NaNaNaNa Na Na  Katamari Damacy..."

HEY! 16 days to showtime:


6 comments:

  1. He rolls up planets to make one big planet ball and eats it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Question is...I marinara sauce involved. Love the feel of this Erin..I will more than likely be a last minute post.

      Delete
  2. This is exactly the kind of thing I was excited about when you came aboard. I struggle with the more "cute" stuff and seeing someone who excels at it is pretty inspiring. And its also nice to hear that someone else is considering getting away from drawing at flat angles. If you get a chance, you should really listen to that interview.

    Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is so brilliant it hurts!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete