Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 6: My Valentine Has Hollow Eyes (kinda)

Ever wonder how artists work, do you get excited to learn about the process behind all the masterpieces you see week after week here at the RBMC?!  Well then fine sir, or madam have I got a treat in store for you! 

You see, I'm building a new wheelhouse and figuring out this little known industry standard of a program called "Adobe Illustrator".  Now once or twice, I've hit some buttons and swore some words at this fantastic program to make pictures, but I've never really tried to learn it, to understand it's  native language. 

And you know what pals?  It's hard.  It's harder and more complicated than a fella like me expected it to be when I decided to buckle down an learn for this weeks piece.  

But my loss is your win, friends, and you get to see my original pencil art complete with crow overlay from my sketchbook and drafting tape to hold together two pieces of bristol board because I drew too big.  Boy howdy, are you lucky!

In the meantime, why don't you click on that little box to the side that says "followers" and saunter on back next week to see if I've figured out this pesky program.  
 
 






Thanks for stopping, and I'll keep pluggin away in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Looking pretty awesome so far. Just imagine how strong your art kung fu will be after you get the hang of Illustrator.

    ReplyDelete