Friday, February 24, 2012

Wk7: You got your chocolate and my peanut butter!


Just so happens that this week's topic coincides with a commission I just finished. A couple friends of mine are getting married and approached me with this amazing amalgam of ideas that represents the both of them. Sweetums with Chewbacca's bandoleer on and Red Fraggle wearing Gryffindor house robes. Of course! I love that I have friends that think like this!
The technique used here was oil pastel, colored pencil, ink and acrylic on vellum. Drawing on the front side of the vellum, purpley-red oil pastel under painting on the back with whites erased out. Then flipped back over to the front for all the colored pencil, ink and acrylic. There's a little more to it if you guys have any questions I'd be happy to share. But there ya go, Red Fraggle, student at Hogwarts in love with Sweetums the co pilot of the Millennium Falcon . Makes sense to me!

2 comments:

  1. that is truly amazing. All the little flourishes with the colored pencils really adds to it. Even cooler is that I got to see it in its beginning stages at Art Club. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share...dang it! Share! Killer work dude. I'd love to see the original...I need to see how you did this. Friggen..I mean..fraggin awesome!!

    ReplyDelete